The ageing process is inevitable, we all go through it and our facial aesthetic changes in the process, including our lips. As you age, your lips will gradually lose their volume and definition which can result in a drop in your confidence. But don’t fret, as there is a non-invasive and natural solution here at Keppel Skin – lip fillers.
- Versatile treatment that can be used to treat a number of areas – including the following:
- Vermilion border/lip outline – this helps to improve lip definition and width.
- We can add volume to the fleshy parts of the upper and lower to create a fuller pout.
- Extra definition can be added to the cupid’s bow.
- Oral commissures (lines that run down the sides of your mouth) can be made to look more discreet.
- Marionette lines (lines running down from the corner of the lips) can be reduced.
- Definition can be given to the philtrum ridges (lines going from your upper lip to your nose).
- We can reduce common smokers lines (known as perioral lines) that run vertically on your upper lip.
2. Benefit from a quick, easy and painless procedure
Lip fillers take a mere 20 minutes to administer and as we use an ultra-fine needle in conjunction with an anaesthetic, you won’t feel any pain throughout. You may experience a pinprick-like sensation for a few hours following treatment but there is no acute pain associated with this treatment.
3. Natural-looking results
Unlike with cosmetic surgery, lip fillers enhance your natural features as opposed to creating a result that changes the make-up of your features. Lip fillers restore your lips to their younger aesthetic, accentuating contours and outlines.
4. Non-synthetic filler
Lip fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid which actually already exists within the human body. When you are young, your skin has hyaluronic acid in abundance and this is what is responsible for your skin looking wrinkle-free and full of volume. As you age, the amount depletes, causing deep lines and creases, so in replenishing the level of hyaluronic acid in your skin, you’ll be left with a younger-looking version of your skin again.
5. You can make the effects last longer with consecutive treatment
The effects of lip fillers last approximately six months, though consecutive treatments will render these effects longer-lasting. Keppel Skin recommend touch-up treatment 2-4 weeks after your first session in particular as this will create the best foundation for future treatments.
If you would like to speak to us about lip fillers or indeed the other facial aesthetic treatments that we offer, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we can arrange a consultation for you. We also host regular facial aesthetic evenings where you can find out a little more about what is involved and meet Priya Suaris.