Charity continues to raise awareness to Oral Health
Since 1977 National Smile Month has been raising awareness to their three key messages to good oral health;
1) Brush your teeth and night and at least once during the day using a fluoride toothpaste.
2) Cut down on sugary food and drinks.
3) Visit your Dentist as often as is recommended.
At Keppel Advanced Dentistry in Sutton, Surrey we would add two more;
4) Use Dental floss, make it part of your oral health routine especially as you get older. When gums start to recede so the food traps between your teeth become larger.
5) Book Dental Hygiene treatments at least every 6 months, in some cases, if you have had dental implant treatments every 3 months. No manual or electric toothbrush is as good as a dental hygiene treatment for cleaning your teeth.
If you want to know more about dental hygiene treatments, please check out our dedicated page Dental Hygiene Keppel Advanced Dentistry for more information.